At Luria Academy of Brooklyn, we are inspiring a new generation of leaders, creators, thinkers and engaged citizens. Through our individualized approach to learning and commitment to diversity as a core value, our students graduate with a deep love of learning, strong sense of self, and a passion to repair a fractured world.
Luria Academy of Brooklyn (www.luria-academy.org) serves 320 students in preschool through 8th grade. Luria offers a sophisticated education in a progressive environment. Luria’s students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds. At Luria, students are encouraged to be curious, to embrace one another’s differences and to engage in respectful dialogue.
All of the educators we hire must:
- Have a passion for nurturing growth and excitement for learning in each child
- Be creative, dynamic, and innovative
- Differentiate instruction for diverse learners
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Work well in a team-teaching model
- Understand a progressive, child centered model of education.
- Be problem solvers and risk takers
- Be intentional and self-reflective